The Town & Country online sales policy
Beware of online deals on gas fireplaces and wood stoves. Here are some facts that online vendors don't want you to know:
- Your home has unique installation, venting and heating requirements that only an authorized dealer can determine. Home owners expose themselves to hidden costs, poor appliance operation and risk of damage and fire by purchasing fireplaces online and using inexperienced installers.
- Online dealers rarely offer technical support or service for the products they sell. They will try to deflect you to the manufacturer for technical support or warranty work.
- Many manufacturers will not register, authorize service, or honour the warranty of a product that has been purchased outside their trained dealer base, as it cannot be determined if the unit has been properly installed or operated.
- Many local dealers will not service a fireplace they did not sell, again because they are unwilling to assume responsibility for the original installation.
- There are strict regional and national regulations and codes that apply to the installation of wood and gas burning products. Failure to comply, including not using certified installers, may void the home owner's insurance.
- There is no guarantee that all necessary parts, venting and instructions will be received with products purchased online.
- Only a Town & Country dealer is authorized to sell, support and service your Town & Country Luxury Fireplace. Authorized dealers are trained to anticipate your installation needs and ensure that you get many years of enjoyment from your Town & Country product.
- No Town & Country dealer is authorized to sell you product via the Internet, or to ship our products outside their respective selling region. This ensures that you have on-going access to trained technical support.
- See our Find a dealer page to find the very best deals on Town & Country Luxury Fireplaces through your local authorized Town & Country dealer.